I recently saw an image on Pinterest that had 21 Questions To Ask Your Kids. I love the idea of getting an honest insight into the minds of our children, so I asked Ethan and Connor the questions about Daddy. These are their unedited answers. They laughed all the way through it:
1. What is something that Daddy always says to you?
He always calls us “Cheeky Monkeys”
2. What makes Daddy happy?
When we play nicely together!
3. What makes Daddy sad?
Oooh, when Everton lose and when we play on our computer games too much
4. How does Daddy make you laugh?
By tickling us – he’s the Tickle Monster and just by being Daddy makes us laugh
5. What was Daddy like as a child?
Probably very cheeky and very funny
6. How old is Daddy?
21….no wait 180….no he’s actually 38
7. How tall is Daddy?
2 ft… I think he’s 1 metre 65, 1 metre 47… we don’t know! (He’s 6ft)
8. What is Daddy’s favourite thing to do?
Playing with us and playing on his phone (ahem!)
9. What does Daddy do when you are not around?
He does work on his computer so he can play with us more when we are here
10. If Daddy became famous, what would it be for?
Amusing people with his singing and dancing. I think he would be good at being a comedian
11. What is Daddy really good at?
Being a Daddy. Making us laugh. He’s really good at sport
12. What is Daddy not good at?
Too many to choose from! … sometimes when we ask him things he doesn’t listen. He’s not the best at cooking the meals but he’s good at doing the BBQs
13. What does Daddy do for his job?
He’s a PE teacher
14. What’s Daddy’s favourite food?
BBQs and he really likes your homemade Lasagna
15. What makes Daddy proud?
Connor – When I do as I’m told. Ethan – I think he’s proud of me for my cricket
16. If Daddy was a cartoon character, who would it be?
Definitely the funniest one… SpongeBob, no Patrick!
17. What do you and Daddy do together?
Play sports outside
18. How are you and Daddy the same?
Connor- We both have blue eyes Ethan – We both like sport
19. How are you and Daddy different?
Connor – He’s not as strong as me! Ethan – We have different eye colour
20. How do you know Daddy loves you?
When he says “I love you to the moon and back” and that he loves us 11 out of 10
21. Where is Daddy’s favourite place to go?
The Giraffe Restaurant is his favourite place to eat. He likes going for picnics. And Goodison Park Stadium where Everton play.
I like the idea of doing something like this yearly, to see how their answers change.
Feel free to use the questions to interview your children. It’s so lovely to have a chance to get inside their minds. I never knew that they found their Daddy so funny!